Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bummer of a Day

May 18, 2010

So, after my posting yesterday I got some crappy news. I was at work which I have just started less than 2 months ago. I am a nanny for two children who I have grown to adore. 2.5 year old boy and 6 month old baby girl. I will withhold names to protect the innocent. During their nap time, their mother comes home and informs me that at no fault of my own, they have decided to put their children in day care. WTF. FML. Daycare? Really? My first reaction was to be really upset and cry...which I did oh so well, but after she left...I was livid. Why did they hire a nanny and THEN decide day care was the better choice? This is someones life they are toying with and finding a GOOD nanny job like this in Chattanooga is almost impossible. Trust me, I know. Don't they know what I went through to find them, and that I had a better opportunity to chose from, but that I chose THEM because of how quickly I "clicked" with them and their children during the interview? I think they knew for a while what they were going to do, and I find it shady of them to pull one over on their nanny. I probably would have taken this job, even if I knew it was temporary, that way I could have been looking for a new job. So, I am currently employed until May 28th, but being paid through June 3. Oh...thanks...and extra three days of pay...is that my severence pay? Can I file unemployment...NO. And the cake topper on this (pun intended) is that I am T-minus 25 days away from getting married. Nothing says "prepared for the future" like going into a marriage unemployed!!!!

Thats the end of my soapbox...for now.

On a lighter note, which I sooo needed today, I found out that I passed 2 more of my 6 Praxis tests. 4 down...2 to go. Any future teacher, or current teacher knows the importance of these tests, so it was wonderful to find out that I am that much closer to graduation. I even passed the 2 hour Special Education one which is a b*tch to pass.

Currently, I am at my work....temporary work and I am letting the little girl take her nap and the little boy play quietly on his own. I hope I don't lose momentum in these last two weeks, but it is so hard to care as much about their expectations.....because what are they going to do....fire me??? BHAHAHAH. Not funny.

So, as I said before.....25 days away from being married. My sweet mother has promised me that she will man "handle" anyone that stresses me out or is mean to me. I love her. She has been my backbone, my right hand and the pain in my tail end through this whole thing.....and I can't thank her enough.

I just can't wait for our 7 day honeymoon in Riviera Maya, Mexico. Good bye and good riddance USA for one week!

Love all, Trust a few, do wrong to none. -W. Shakespeare

A.P....almost M.

No comments:

Post a Comment